Review should be 6-8 pages.
-Brief Sumary (1-1 1/2 pages)
-who are the authors(give their qualifications and/or any other information trhat may shed light on their
– Identify the writer’s thesis/purpose. What period of history and the topics are covered.
– Say what the writers do to achieve their purpose (i.e their approach, their major and supporting points.
– Say whether their approach is effective. Did they achieve their purpose?
– Who is their audience (See introduction, If it is not stated, make your own assessment). Who (else)
could benefit from this account?
Are all major points adequately developed and explained?
What was not so clear? Were the writer/s misinformed about anything?
– Comment on the writers perspective –
-Compare and contrast with other sources
-What do they include that others don’t?
-What do they exclude
-How is it different from that of other writers
-Are the writers objective or biased
– Say where you disagree and where you agree
– Note good points and inconsistencies
– Comment on their style: Is it clear and effective?
– Is it suitable for the target audience?
– What would you have done differently to make this account better.
The paper, including the title, citations and reference pages, follows APA guidelines for format.