You are an American Intercontinental University online campus graduate from just over 7 years ago, and since your graduation, you have been rising up through the ranks at the local police department. You were a police officer when you attended AIU, but you had not advanced too quickly within the police department. Your upward career progression was launched with your graduation from AIU, and you have now reached the rank of Captain, where many people think that one day you will be the chief of police.
As for now, you are trying your best to do everything right as a captain. The chief calls you into a meeting with the six other captains in the police department and explains to you that he is starting a new community policing unit in the police department. He explains that he will be selecting one of his six captains to be in charge of this new division, and it will be a promotion and a raise of $20,000 per year if selected. The police chief will select the new captain over the community unit based on a report they each submit to the chief. The report must answer all of the following questions:
- What is the purpose of your community policing unit? Outline the goals of this new unit.
- What will be the specific responsibilities of your unit? Explain.
- What type of officers would you want working in your unit? Explain. Specifically, for which qualifications and experience would you be looking?
- Where would you assign your officers to work? Why? Outline the areas that you would concentrate on to begin with, and explain why.
- How would you gauge the success of your unit? Explain. What are the metrics and time line that you would use to measure success?
Your assignment is to prepare this report for the police chief. Make sure to answer all questions asked, and provide sufficient support for each of your responses.
apa format. watch for grammer and run on sentences. 2-4 pages. at least 4 refrences.