Directions: Please provide a response to each of the following questions using APA guidelines for formatting and citations. Each response must be at least one paragraph in length consisting of three to five sentences.
1. A home’s backyard is 20 feet by 15 feet. What are its perimeter and area?
2. If a boat has a sail that is 30 feet long and 60 feet high, what is the hypotenuse of the sail?
3. A shed on a property has a flat roof and measurements of 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep by 7 feet tall. What is the area of the shed? What is its volume?
4. A round, above ground pool has a diameter of 15 feet and a height of 4.5 feet. What is the circumference of the pool? What is its volume?
5. How does a weatherization service provider take the floor dimensions of a house?
6. Distinguish between total surface area, gross wall area, and net wall area.
7. What is an easy way to determine the age of a home? Give an example of how this method might be used.
8. Why is determining a building’s orientation an important part of weatherizing a home?
9. What are the ways to use a compass to determine the orientation of a home or one of its components?
10. What are some of the shading factors that a weatherization service provider must note when viewing a house?