Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Choose and participate in 1 of the following activities for 20–30 minutes, prior to completing the Discussion Board response:
- Obtain some blank paper.
- Choose any art medium of your choice.
- Find a quiet place to work.
- Draw how you feel.
- Find a piece or two of instrumental or acoustic music. Ideally, the music should be slow in tempo and enjoyable to listen to.
- Find a quiet place, and listen to your music. You should be alone and not working on anything else.
- Find a comedic movie, video, or television show to watch. You can also choose to read a funny story.
- As with the other choices, you should not be engaged in any other activities while watching or reading your selection.
After completing your chosen activity, discuss the following:
- Which activity did you choose? Discuss the details of the activity and why you chose it.
- Discuss your mood prior to completing the activity. Especially, note any feelings of stress or tension that were present.
- Discuss your mood after completing the activity. Hopefully, you noticed an increased sense of relaxation and a positive mood.
- Was the activity helpful for you? Why or why not?