- Clear thesis statement making a claim about Byzantium and its relationship to the rest of medieval Europe (including Russia), Asia, and Africa
- Well-developed body paragraphs (perhaps one for each continent or organized by type of influence) with strong topic sentences that relate to the thesis statement
- Specific examples to support the claim of the thesis either paraphrased or quoted from research
- Correct MLA documentation of information
- Distinct introduction and conclusion paragraphs
- Correct grammar and sentence structure
Your essay should be formatted according to MLA guidelines, and include a Works Cited page at the end (not included in the page count).
Within the essay you should have a clear thesis statement in the introductory paragraph and should include support from your research in the body paragraphs. All information used from research must be documented using appropriate MLA parenthetical reference to the sources listed on the Works Cited page.
Failure to document sources or include a Works Cited page will result in you having to re-do the assignment.