Leadership and Decision Making
We have witnessed many Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) directors, each with their unique style of leadership, throughout U.S. history. Some directors are noteworthy for their achievements, while others are infamous for their lack of performance.
Using research on the Internet and various Strayer library journals or databases, research FEMA directors’ actions over the past thirty (30) years during major U.S. emergencies and crises.
Write a (5) page paper in which you:
- Select one (1) FEMA director whom you believe performed admirably during a major U.S. emergency or crisis. Next, analyze the role this director took during the emergency or crisis. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Select one (1) FEMA director whom you believe performed below standards during a major U.S. emergency or crisis. Next, analyze the role this director took during the emergency or crisis. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine one (1) major decision that each director you selected from Question 1 and Question 2 made which changed the course of recovery from the disaster dramatically. Next, evaluate the level and extent that this decision affected disaster recovery. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other related websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow 6th edition APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the historical context and role of emergency management in disaster response.
- Assess how emergency management personnel respond to the major forms of natural, technological, and man-made disasters.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in emergency management.
- Write clearly and concisely about emergency management using proper writing mechanics.
No more than 8% plagarism