Imagine that you’re an expert in the principles of business leadership. You have been invited to present at a conference held for some of the top executives at Fortune 500 companies. Your assigned topic is “Leveraging Leadership to Maximize Business Success.”
- Introduction to leadership:
- Explain the differences between management and leadership, and how cultivating leadership skills in managers can benefit the organization.
- Explain how managers can set effective expectations for their employees to increase organizational performance.
- Organizational culture:
- Describe how managers, when applying leadership principles, can contribute to a healthy organizational culture.
- Managerial control:
- Identify some of the key control mechanisms, and describe how management can apply them to aid in achieving organizational goals.
- Leveraging diversity:
- Summarize some of the best practices for leading a diverse workforce, and the benefits that can come to the organization through leveraging diversity.
Support your presentation with the concepts discussed in class and in the text, and your personal experiences.
Include the speaker notes to explain the key points in your presentation.