Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Key Assignment Final
Part 1: Week 1–4
Selecting the right person for an open position requires an analysis of all of the aspects of an applicant, including his or her past experience (knowledge, skills, and education), his or her application and resume, and the interview responses.
As a human resources (HR) recruiter, discuss with the hiring managers the importance of selecting the best candidates in your industry for the positions listed below. Be sure to consider matching the needs and culture of the organization. You may use the Career Services interviewing section to assist you with your project. Complete the following:
- Discuss the process for developing interview questions for an hourly position (e.g., a receptionist, data entry operator, customer service representative, etc.) and a specialist position (e.g., a technician, chef, nurse, foreman, accountant, engineer, librarian, etc.), and be sure to include the steps for determining appropriate questions.
- Discuss the 3 types of interviews, and give examples of each type.
- Develop a total of 8 interview questions (4 questions per position), develop the question responses, and explain what you would be looking for with each answer.
- Provide a mixture of behavioral and technical questions that you believe are the most important.
Part 2: Week 5
Review the comments on your Key Assignment Draft from your instructor and peers, and complete the following:
- Make any necessary revisions to your final presentation based on their suggestions.
- Additional content should be at least 3 PowerPoint slides in length with at least 200 words of speaker notes per slide, and it should include the following details:
- How does the HR department support the organization’s competitiveness by maintaining a highly skilled and motivated workforce through training and development?
- Discuss the tactics that companies can use to ensure that they retain highly qualified employees through no-cost and low-cost compensation, training, and development.
- From your prior knowledge, experiences, and learning, discuss at least 2 strategic changes that you would recommend to your current company or industry to improve its training and development to retain its best employees.